Main research interests are in the fields of applied macroeconomics and time series. Special interests include the study of business cycles, monetary policy, resource rich economies and the analysis of the effects of dynamic shocks in vector autoregressive (VAR) models.
› Publications: Commodity prices and resources
› Publications: Monetary policy
› Research in progress
› Selected publications in Norwegian
View publications at Google Scholar. See also RePEc home page, with paper download ranking and ranking of top economists in Norway and Europe.
Working papers (in progress):
- "Monetary policy, leaning and concern for financial stability" (coauthors Leif Brubakk and Junior Maih)
- Paper first presented at The 8th International Conference on Computational and Financial Econometrics (CFE 2014), Pisa, December 6 2014.
- See also chapter in "Should monetary policy pay attention to financial stability? (in Norwegian). Published in Erfaringer med inflasjonsmål for Pengepolitikken’, Finansdepartementet, Arbeidsnotat 2017/4, pages 77-83.
- Is Monetary Policy Always Effective? Incomplete Interest Rate Pass-through in a DSGE Model" (coauthors Andrew Binning and Junior Maih)
Publications in international Journals:
- "Weights and pools for a Norwegian density combination" (coauthors Karsten Gerdrup, Anne Sofie Jore, Christie Smith and Leif Anders Thorsrud). North American Journal of Economics and Finance. 22(1), 2011, 61-76, (formerly titled as “There is more than one weight to skin a cat: Combining densities at Norges Bank”). For a previous working paper version, see here.